StencilGirl founder Mary Beth Shaw worked in the insurance industry for 18 years before going crazy in the year 2000 and quitting her job. While exploring creative options, she re-ignited her inner artist and started down the path of a self-taught fine artist, supporting herself as a mixed media painter and later, as a nationally known workshop instructor and author of instructional art books, “Flavor for Mixed Media: A Feast of Techniques for Texture, Color and Layers” and “Stencil Girl: Mixed-Media Techniques for Making and Using Stencils”, published by North Light Books.
Having hand-cut her own stencils for years, Mary Beth dipped her toe into the stencil design business in 2010 after her students asked if they could purchase some of her designs. She had a half dozen stencils cut to sell and voila! Before she knew it, StencilGirl Products was born.Today StencilGirl Products sells more than 900 stencils designed by a team of talented artists. Mary Beth is proud of her artist designers and insists they are paid appropriate and fair royalties every time one of their designs is sold.
In addition to raising the bar for stencil manufacturers everywhere, StencilGirl Products is known for:
- We use 7 mil mylar; a plastic film that is heat resistant. Our stencils are thick enough to be strong and long lasting, yet thin enough to provide a seamless look in your art.
- You can use our stencils on fabric, canvas, paper, or walls with paint, texture mediums, wax, pencil, marker, or thread. Stencil Girl Products' stencils can even be used for encaustic painting! Because the stencils are heat resistant, you can clean them on your hot palette. Also use them for rubbings, or as templates for drawing, incising, or stitching.
- Design Variety
- Our diverse team of artists virtually guarantees that you will find the most unique designs available. We add new stencils to our lineup every month.
- We love our customers and enjoy following their work online and seeing how they use our stencils. Simply use #stencilgirlproducts, #stencilgirl, or #iseestencilseverywhere and we will find you! We are active on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
- We also have a wonderful group of people who participate in our monthly StencilClub and its private Facebook group.
StencilGirl Products cuts stencils the old fashion way, one at a time right here in the USA. We are a family-owned business that includes Mary Beth, her husband John, and son-in-law, Frank.